Central Hawk

Monday, March 28

My Dogs

My dogs crack me up. I have a basset hound, Melody Magpie is her official, AKC-certified name, but you can call her Maggie ... or Fat Girl. And then there's our little mutt, Theo. They each have their own distinct personality.

Maggie is obviously the injured only child, meaning she had us all to herself until these other two creatures came along. She has always been so good about our two-year-old son. You can tell she's not his biggest fan, but she doesn't act hateful towards him and is very patient when he wants to sit on her, etc. Hey, he does provide some excellent table scraps, so it's a give and take relationship. She's getting bossier and more insistent as she grows up. I guess she feels she has that right, since she's put up with this kid.

Then there's Theo. When we first got Theo he would lick us all over whenever he had the chance. He's starting to settle down and get used to the fact that he belongs to us. You can tell he's rather live outdoors though. At night, he sleeps right next to the front door. And unlike Maggie, he never asks to come in. He'd rather stay outside, huntin' squirrels.
Recently, a beagle and a cat have been added to our corner of the woods. They've calmed down about the dog, but they will not stop barking at that cat. I think it lays where they can see it to taunt them. I left them outside today since it's nice. The neighbors should enjoy the constant hound dog woof that Maggie will keep up all day! Well, you shouldn't have got a cat! What'd you expect?

That's your introduction to the dogs who rule my household. I'm sure there will be many more stories! (I have a real good/bad one about Theo ... but I'll save it for a rainy day!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home