Central Hawk

Monday, May 16

The One With Day Two

Day Two of Muggsy's Training Diary
May 16, 2005

This morning, Muggsy was guarding Chubbs' food. Robby feeds them before he leaves and I pick up the food after I get out of the shower. I guess this will have to change because Muggsy can't be keeping Chubbs from his meal. I put Muggsy in a down-stay by me while I ate breakfast and removed Chubbs food after he ate a little and went into the crate. I don't know if he did that because he was scared of Muggsy or done eating. Muggsy left the room to lie in the kitchen.

Last night, Muggsy was pretty well-behaved. He barked at Chubbs from his crate again, but I started training him for the vet and he was a pretty good sport, considering how badly it started. I put the muzzle on him and tried to get him to stand behind a door. Robby was holding the leash as I tried to close the door. He carried on and wouldn't let it happen. So, at my boss's suggestion, I put treats through the door to him unmuzzled and tried to shut it more. No pressure. He did pretty well. Then we laid on the bed for awhile and relaxed. I love him like crazy. I hope we can get this figured out.

I did spend 30 minutes on the phone with my boss as she convinced me that I wasn't a terrible mother but, in fact, a good one for trying so hard. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home