Central Hawk

Thursday, October 13

The One with My 27th Birthday!

I LOVE my birthday! How could anyone get depressed over a birthday? It's your special day, all about you, AND you get presents! What's not to love?

This morning started with David and Chandler giving me my birthday presents. David made me a beautiful red card, which he had decorated with stickers and written "Happy Birthday Mama" with markers. (Now the only letter he can write is "o" but he translated it for me. And he does write in lines left to right across a page. The kid is a genius!) Inside the card was my first present, three tickets to an Amy Ray concert this Sunday at the Bottleneck! Chandler, Deborah and I are going to go, which will be so fun! Amy Ray is 1/2 of the Indigo Girls. She's released a couple of albums on her own.

My second present David picked out all by himself. Chandler had told me that whatever David picked out, I had to wear. So I was a little nervous. Turns out my kid has pretty good taste! Of course, you can't go too wrong at the GAP! He got me a pink, ribbed turtleneck and some tan courderoy pants. Both are very cute. I wore the turtleneck, but Chandler got the wrong size pants. He got the short length. Doesn't he know I have freakishly long limbs? :)



Now at work, whenever someone has a birthday or special event, we do a "food day" where everyone brings delicious treats. Usually we decorate their desk and Amanda always gets a balloon. I get to work conveniently late this mronig, but there's no balloon! There's no chocolate! There's no "Happy Birthday!" I was so sad! I thought they had forgotten me!

Then at about 10 am, Jill came over and asked for my help with something. When I came back there were all of the above! Tons of cookies, cake, and brownies! Two cards and a Winnie the Pooh balloon! They totally got me. What fun work friends I have! :) And my regular friends didn't forget me either, both Rachel and Janice sent me birthday wishes. (Don't worry Rach, you sent them first! And yours was better, of course.) Even Ang sent me an e-card.

Tonight David and I are going to make a cake together and exchange my pants. He has pictures on Friday, and I need to get a shirt to go under the sweater I bought him. See, my birthday is perfect, it even has shopping! So thanks to everyone for making my birthday so great ... and it's only noon! Love, Monica

3 Comments:

  • Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday, dear Monica. Happy birthday to you!

    That sounds like an excellent birthday. But not as cool as mine since you made my birthday so special. :)

    You know how Bekah's birthday is the day before yours? Well, she always has to attach significance to every birthday and she deemed this birthday her first four-syllable birthday. So happy first four-syllable birthday. :)

    By Blogger Rachel, at 10:14 AM  

  • Aw ... you're so sweet!

    I thought I had her with seventeenth, but she's right! Happy first four-syllable birthday to me!

    By Blogger Monica, at 10:35 AM  

  • Believe me, you won't catch Bekah making a silly mistake like that. She gives these things a lot of thought.

    By Blogger Rachel, at 2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home