Central Hawk

Thursday, September 22

The One with the Coldplay Concert

Chandler and I went to see Coldplay last night at Sandstone (I still can't call it Verizon Wireless Ampitheatre ... that name sucks). It was a pretty damn good show. The opening band was Rilo Kiley, and they were pretty good. A girl rocker, which is always cool, but I thought they had too much guitar. There were 4! And one of them was way too high-pitched!

Coldplay took forever to get setup, but it was worth it. They had this huge screen behind the band that played awesome digital images with each song. For the opening song, the screen was white with a huge digital clock running and all you could see was the band's silouettes. The lead singer was nuts, really good entertainer. Then during the encore, he ran all the way back to where we were (second level, first row ... sure is nice not to have to sit on the lawn anymore, eh?) and we ran over and were like 3 feet from him!!!!

Chandler really had a great time I think. We didn't get a shirt, but I think I'll order one online. The lines were nuts. And I probably annoyed the people behind us b/c I stood up the whole concert. Seriously, why would you buy a concert ticket to just sit there the whole time? I just cannot sit still when I listen to live music. Are you with me? I'm so jealous of Rachel and her Eagles tickets. That show will kick ass! But I do think we're going to drive down to Kirksville, MO and see CAKE. You know, it'll only be the fourth time we've seen them! ;)

I'm suffering today, but it was worth it. I have a cold. Rock on!

2 Comments:

  • I'm sorry you have a cold. I feel a little responsible. But I'm glad you had a great time.

    By Blogger Diana, at 12:12 PM  

  • Yeah, when I went to Tom Petty, there was a group of fans standing up and people were so mad, they started throwing things at them. Everytime it got quiet, they'd yell, "Sit down." I wasn't standing but I yelled, "Shut up and have a good time." Seriously, don't go to a concert or sporting event if you're too old to realize that people want to have a good time. If that means standing and dancing, power to them. Move or catch it on TV next time.

    By Blogger Rachel, at 1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home