Central Hawk

Friday, September 30

The One With the Weirdness

This week on my dashboard, I saw something I'd never seen: a 9 by Outside Temp. My new car has a gauge that tells me the outside temperature, and out here, that never seems to go above the 80s. However, this week, the Santa Anas are coming in, and it's been in the 90s. California does this weird thing where right before "winter," it gets really hot. My co-worker says, "When it's getting so hot that you're having nose bleeds, you know that winter's almost here." People who live in Southern California are wimps. They're always complaining that it's either too hot or too cold and it's never too hot or too cold. :)

Anyway, Muggsy had another blowup yesterday. It was very short, but he growled at me when I asked him to do a down while I was eating. He immediately apologized, but it's still weird. I'm weaning him off the meds the next two weeks, so hopefully, he'll be back on track once all this weird stuff gets out of his system.

I hope to write more this week since I'm off work to go to dog conferences. I'm sure you'll all be thrilled to hear the new training techniques I'll be learning. :)

2 Comments:

  • Guess what!! Muggsy got a working dog spot in one of the seminars. She specializes in aggressive dogs!! I'm so excited. It's the one out of town, so the hotel just doubled in price because I couldn't stay at the cheap one anymore, but it'll be so fun to vacation with Muggsy. And hopefully, I'll learn a lot participating in the seminar instead of just watching. I'm really excited.

    By Blogger Rachel, at 9:26 PM  

  • CONGRATULATIONS! Yeah Muggsy! I hope you both have fun and learn lots of stuff! :)

    My word verification was kugoucy ...

    By Blogger Monica, at 12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home