Central Hawk

Thursday, December 15

The One With More Lies

It's almost getting amusing. Since I spent my last blog entry complaining about trouble with Ass and my consultants, I thought I'd give a brief update. Since Joanna threatened to quit if Ass didn't shape up, he promised that he would have the consultants submit the information design that I came up with as a compromise between what they wanted and what our staff wanted. Ass called us into his office yesterday to tell us that he had taken care of this and the compromise information design would be presented. He turned the consultants back over to me and told me to take care of it.

Naively, I made this phone call, believing that my boss might actually have told me the truth. Nope. According to the consultant, who was very surprised to hear what I had to say, that's not the conversation that had been had at all and they would be submitting the information design that they went over my head to submit to the Board.

They are using the reasoning that they did a useability study with 10 people from the public and found their way to be better. I'm a former reporter. I can disect those things, and I can give you a dozen reason why their study was bogus, the first being that they didn't compare it to any other information design. So with my design, they would have been able to find things in the first click as well. They just didn't make the comparison.

Anyway, after having this conversation and finding that my boss lied AGAIN, I just had to laugh. I can't be mad anymore. It's just getting too ridiculous. You'd think someone who was the General Manager of two powerful water districts would be smart enough to lie in a way that he wouldn't get caught less than three hours later. But I guess not.

So that's my job update. On the positive front, I have been having private lessons with two St. Bernard pups that I just love, and I recently finished a four-lesson package with much success. I had their recall so perfect that they would charge toward the house at the sound of their owners voice from down the street. The owners liked me so much that they want to do additional lessons!! I'm really excited. So I have another full dog training day Saturday, which makes me happy. I also graduate all my classes this week. We've started incorporating games into our teaching, so graduation is going to be several contests. Should be a lot of fun.

Alright, back to work now. Have to go drive a couple of recycled water alignments. I know you all are extremely jealous of my life. :)

3 Comments:

  • 1. So did you bust Ass on his lie? I totally think you should. What a load of crap. But I agree, it's getting funny.

    And b. how awesome about the dog training! I'm so proud of you! :)

    By Blogger Monica, at 2:14 PM  

  • How great about your dog training! Someone at work today ask about how you were doing with your dogs and I got to brag big time about my granddogs and how well they were doing. They were very impressed. I'm so glad you can laugh about your other job - what else can you do? Basing a decision on a survey of ten people is just stupid. Or should I say corrupt. Lies always come out in the open eventually.

    By Blogger Diana, at 11:07 PM  

  • I haven't busted him yet, but don't think I won't. In a very subtle way, of course, but he'll get it. He's not an idiot, despite what I post about him.

    My Word Verification is juahomu. Cracks me up.

    By Blogger Rachel, at 11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home