Central Hawk

Friday, May 20

The One With Days Four and Five

I've been pretty busy the last couple of days, so I haven't really had time to write, but I think I've been seeing a little improvement in Muggsy. I also taught my first solo group class with dogs and I think it went really well!

Muggsy Training Diary Days Four and Five
May 18-19

Muggsy wasn't very receptive to training Wednesday night. He wouldn't take even my best treats through the door. Of course, there isn't a lot of space to work with him, so it's complicating the process a little bit.

This weekend, I'm going to rearrange the house so that there's room for Muggsy to get better training and have some more alone time. I'll remove the dresser from behind the bedroom door for training, and I'm going to put Muggsy's crate behind part of the couch so he can have some distance from Chubbs, who seems to bother him a lot. I also brought home a crate for Chubbs so he can have his own space. Who would want to be in the same room as their brother all the time with nowhere to go for privacy when annoyed? No one. I have to respect that Muggsy probably feels the same way as I did with my brother -- get me the hell away from this kid!

I expect training to go more smoothly once I make these changes to my house. I will keep you all updated on the progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home