Central Hawk

Friday, December 16

The One With the Bet

I thought you would find this funny. Despite all of the Kansas stuff (outnumbered only by pictures of my dogs) in my cubicle, several of the people I work with seem to think that I either went to Texas or heavily support them. I guess it's the Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, Mike Modano and A-Rod bobble heads that I have on a shelf. Dunno.

Anyway, a guy who went to USC decided he wanted to bet me this week on the Rose Bowl. I usually play along with the teasing, pretending I really did care that Texas A&M gave Texas a real run for its money or that Bush beat out Young for the Heismann. And I played along this week as well, pretending that I actually do want Texas to beat USC in the Rose Bowl.

We bet bumper stickers. The loser has to have the winner's bumper sticker on his/her car for a week. All this really means to me is that I'll have to have a USC sticker next to the KANSAS sticker on my car for a week. It'll probably be more annoying for Ross than me. But I'm amused by it, so I made the bet. Anyone have a Texas sticker I can borrow, just in case? :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home