Central Hawk

Thursday, December 15

The One with the Superstar

I have to brag on my son! His school put on a Christmas pagent last night. Each class had a presentation ... even the infants put on a little fashion show. Very cute. David's class (Preschool I, who are all 3) did a manger scene and David was the angel. He had a solo! He was the only kid to sing a solo and his teachers selected him b/c he sings to the kids in his class all the time. Apparently they sit around in a circle and he stands up and sings for them.

I was a little nervous b/c they put his name in the program in big letters. I was scared he wouldn't actually do it! But he stepped up, took the mic and belted out his rendition of "This is the Day." Now, I realize this is not a traditional Christmas carol, but it's the song he has down by heart. He was like a little professional! At the end he even did a fancy finale! He sings the last three words really loud and kind of shakes his head (ya know, for vibrato).

He was the star of the show and everyone just couldn't get over that a three-year-old had the guts to sing a solo to about 150 parents and grandparents. I was a very proud mama. I'm going to post pictures as soon as we have them. And of course, Chandler's dad taped it, so I'll be distributing copies of those too. :)

2 Comments:

  • I definitely want pictures! That shows a lot of poise to be able to get up in front of all those people. Isn't it funny that you were more nervous than he was - I remember that feeling so well. You have a right to be a proud momma!

    By Blogger Diana, at 10:56 PM  

  • Sounds like a Bricenash to me. We can all be a little hammy. :) I'm so proud.

    By Blogger Rachel, at 11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home