Central Hawk

Saturday, December 17

The One With the Certificates

This is graduation weekend for my November classes, and today, I had the most fun. I was just exhausted yesterday because no one but me showed up for work Friday and I'm just swamped at my emotionally draining job. I couldn't sleep last night because I kept having weird dreams, but once I got to dog class, I just felt great. There are only two dogs in my Saturday class, but they're very well-behaved and fun.

Then, I had my final lesson of a seven-lesson package with a Golden retriever that I have been training for three months. When I left, they gave me a hug. It's like I've become a part of the family I've been visiting so often. But they are the perfect family. In general, you can always tell if people are going to have well-behaved dogs by the way their children act. As a general rule, people who let their children get away with anything will let their dogs get away with anything, and people who put rules on their children put rules on their dogs. When the mother of this family told me they had boys ages 6 and 8, I was dreading the job. But these are the most well-behaved boys. They shake my hand when I arrive and when I leave, they pay attention, they participate in the training and they listen to what I say. I've really enjoyed getting to know them. Never fear, though. They're in the Tuesday RPV class starting in January. :)

I also had another lesson with the two St. Bernards I've been seeing weekly. They are just so cute. And they're doing really well at their training. Today, the husband, who I usually work with, was out of town, but his wife, who I have never met, was in town, so I came by to work with her. They don't listen to her as well, but training still went well.

AND I got a certificate of my own today -- Chubbs received his Canine Good Citizen certificate. I'm so going to get it framed. I think it's so cute. I'm also going to get him a little tag for his collar. I'm looking into what organizations to join with him. I can't wait.

OK, that's all for now. I have five proposals to read for work and I have to clean the house this weekend for my mom's visit next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home