Central Hawk

Monday, February 20

The One With the Perfect House and Perfect Job But Not-So-Perfect Timing

This weekend, I found the perfect house and the perfect job. Unfortunately, neither will probably work out.

Of course, you all know that I'm looking for a new job. I found an area that I think I could really enjoy -- environmental groups. I've applied for communication positions at several and am hoping that eventually something will work out. I don't think I can work for another government job because I hate the politics, and I definitely don't want to try my hand at private PR. It makes me feel slimy. Anyway, I found a great job producing newsletters for an environmental agency in Los Angeles. It's a 30-hour per week job that would be a perfect supplement to dog training. Unfortunately, I'm not ready to go full-time with that yet, so I can't afford to work at a job that would give me a $20,000 pay cut. I will have to continue working my stressful full-time job and use my free time for all the activities that I hope will lead to full-time jobs someday.

As for the house, I found it by accident. I was driving around the neighborhood looking at all of the houses for sale. Now, all of the houses in my neighborhood are going for around $800,000-900,000, which I could never afford, but it's fun to look. In my search, I found a house for rent that would be perfect. It's the back half of a duplex, which would be perfect for Muggsy because there are no windows looking onto the sidewalk and it's far enough away that sidewalk noise would be muffled. It seems that the neighborhood is a lot more quiet than my neighborhood as well. It's 3-bedroom, 1.5-bath, which would also give Muggsy the space he needed to keep away from Chubbs, and it has a nice large BACKyard. To top it all off, it's only $100 more a month than the toybox we're currently living in. Unfortunately, though, our lease isn't up until June 1, which means we aren't quite ready to move yet. However, I'll keep hoping that this place stays on the market another couple of months, just because it would be a great place to move as soon as we can.

4 Comments:

  • Might not hurt to ask your landlord to let you out of your lease a little early. All they can say is no. Good luck with the job search!

    By Blogger Diana, at 3:07 AM  

  • I just found out that the place doesn't take dogs. But I'll keep looking for both homes and jobs. Thanks.

    By Blogger Rachel, at 9:28 AM  

  • No dogs - what are they, communists?

    By Blogger jason, at 4:20 PM  

  • My thinking exactly, Jason.

    By Blogger Rachel, at 8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home