Central Hawk

Sunday, February 12

The One With the Sad Good-Bye

Thursday was a sad day for Kansas fans everywhere. Quin Snyder, head basketball coach at Missouri, stepped down. I will really miss that guy. Yeah, he's a pretty boy who's hair got more attention than his coaching ability, but he really ran Missouri's program into the ground and that made me happy. I know that I should want the Missouri-Kansas rivalry to actually mean something again, but Missouri represents all that is wrong with the world and I enjoy watching them spend some time at the bottom.

What kills me is all of the TV announcers who seemed outraged that Quin was fired. Like we didn't all see this coming. In his seven years at Missouri, they never finished higher than sixth in the Big 12, they were put on probation for recruiting violations, and they had that Ricky Clemons disaster that I still laugh about. They also haven't made the tournament for the last two years, probably three. Last year, they lost in the first round of the NIT. Is this a coach any program would want to keep around? No. Quinny has even admitted in interviews this year that he expected to be fired.

I just hope the Missouri AD Mike Alden will find someone who is equally terrible that can continue Missouri's tradition of mediocrity.

My favorite joke, of course: Why are the golf courses in Columbia only 14 holes? Because no one at Missouri has been to the Final Four.

2 Comments:

  • My favorite part of this post is "Missouri's tradition of mediocrity." That's why Mizzou fans can never understand KU's obsession with our basketball program. B/c WE are NOT mediocrity. WE are winners. [Said Monica in her noblest way.]

    By Blogger Monica, at 3:43 PM  

  • Way to be an elitest. I think we've earned it. And think of all the black marks on Missouri's program that have never been on ours. I can never figure out why Mizzou fans hate us so much that they throw whiskey bottles at us when there are so many dispicable things about their school. Whatever. I hope they get another loser coach and continue their "tradition of mediocrity."

    By Blogger Rachel, at 9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home