Central Hawk

Sunday, April 23

The One With the Strange Compliment

People in California are so weird. And Isee some of the weirdest when I go work at community events for my job. There was the guy who told me that he never drank water. Um, OK. And then the woman who, in perfect English with no accent, told me that she didn't speak English.

But yesterday, I got the weirdest compliment. Yesterday, someone told me that I have a beautiful gumline. Yes, a beautiful gumline. I figured he was a dentist, but instead of going into how I spent $6,000 on my teeth in the last three years or how I have a dental routine that takes me about 15 minutes every night, I just said, "Thanks. I floss every night." I figured at that point, he would tell me that he was a dentist and that would be that, but he said, "Yeah, my problem is that I just can't quit smoking." Then, he walked off. So now I'm thinking that he was just a weirdo.

I also saw a sticker on a car that had a TRUTH fish eating a Darwin fish. I was hoping to meet that guy because it would be cool to meet someone who had been around since the beginning of the Earth and knew what the TRUTH was, but alas, I never saw him.

1 Comments:

  • This is one of my favorite sites ... maybe you should start one for LA!

    http://www.overheardinnewyork.com/

    By Blogger Monica, at 11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home