Central Hawk

Friday, April 28

The One With the Work and Dog Drama

Well, this has been a long week. I know that I haven't written about this in awhile, but there has been a lot of drama taking place at my hated job. As you all know, the Districts that I work for are splitting. This means that the staff will be split and some will probably be out of a job. That's a lot of drama to have weighing on you for three months.

Everyone in my department, including my psycho boss, is going to one District and expected me to go along with them. Since I was promised a job, I decided to go along with it. I don't have family out here like most of the people I work with, and I really need this job. Well, my psycho boss and our department preceeded to wall off our offices like we were at war. We couldn't talk to anyone who wasn't going to our District. We couldn't talk about what our decision was, nothing. We were causing all sorts of drama. I hate acting like this. I hated alienating people and treating people like they were less than me. I hated lying to people and trying to manipulate people. My boss kept lecturing me on how I needed to change who I was if I wanted to fit in this department.

Finally, I got pushed out of the group. Though I tried to fit in, my boss decided that I shouldn't come to Central Basin. I think she knows that she can't push me around like she does everyone else. There's something about me that she's never liked. I don't know what it is. So she kept trying to push me toward the other District. I kept saying no. Finally, she told me, "I think you'll be happier at the other District." I just let her think that I didn't understand her game and told her that she was right.

Since then, I have been completed alienated by almost everyone in my department. All of my good projects have been taking from me, and I just get everyone else's extra work dumped on me. It's been miserable.

But it's finally coming to an end. Monday, on Muggsy and Fenway's birthday, we get our offer letters. I have expressed my interest in going to the other District and have been pretty well-received. Once I get my offer letter, everything will be so much better. A huge weight will have been lifted. I'll have a better commute and won't have to work for my crazy boss anymore. If I just get my offer letter... So keep sending me positive thoughts!!


As for my dogs, this has been rough on Muggsy, too. Poor guy always gets stressed when I am. Last week, he attacked Chubbs every day, some days more than once. It was really awful. We're just finally getting back to normal. He hasn't attacked Chubbs since Saturday.

Because of my tax woes, I can't afford to give my dogs a proper birthday on Monday, but hopefully, there will be much to celebrate. :)

3 Comments:

  • My guess is that what your psycho boss didn't like about you was that she couldn't push you around.

    By Blogger Diana, at 11:33 PM  

  • And that I didn't want to be her, so I didn't take quite as kindly to her efforts to change me into her...

    By Blogger Rachel, at 5:10 PM  

  • Damn taxes ...

    By Blogger Monica, at 7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home