Central Hawk

Wednesday, May 17

The One with the Series Finale


So, I've become addicted to Grey's Anatomy. I mean good-looking doctors having desperate sex ... what's not to like? It doesn't hurt that Chris O'Donnell is guest starring as a vet. The three-hour season finale played Sunday and Monday night. There were a number of tragic story lines: the Chief's 17-year-old neice who found out she has ovarian cancer and missed her prom; a top surgeon was a victim of gunshot and may not be able to continue his career; and a heart patient who is in love w/ Izzie, one of the surgical interns, gets his transplant but then has a stroke. All heart-breaking, tear-jerking stories. And which one made me sob? No, it wasn't any of the ones I just told you. I bawled like a little girl when they had to put down the dog, Doc, because he had cancer in his leg and it had spread to his brain or lungs or something. Just sobbed uncontrollably. I guess I was feeling guilty that I wasn't with King when Dad had to put him down.

I knew Rach would understand ...

4 Comments:

  • OF COURSE I understand. You're talking to the girl who cried over some stupid Seventh Heaven episode where they showed a dog dying and then playing in doggie heaven. I finally quit watching anything that has a dog dying. I ask people first. Does the dog die? Oh, then I can't read/watch/participate.

    I had a dream last night that Muggsy and Chubbs ran away on my parents' old farm and then Muggsy came back, but Chubbs and Fenway died and Muggsy left again. It was horrible. I couldn't sleep for an hour after I woke up from that dream. I had to make sure Chubbs and Fenway were OK. You can really get attached to pets. :)

    By Blogger Rachel, at 10:28 AM  

  • Why is it showing up no comments when I wrote a comment yesterday? That's so weird.

    By Blogger Rachel, at 2:49 PM  

  • Oh, that is the saddest dream! I understand about the checking. Ever since Theo got out, we constantly run around asking where the dogs are. If one is in and one is out, we freak until we figure it out!

    By Blogger Monica, at 11:41 AM  

  • Comments do weird things. Sometimes when I submit they disappear, so I've started copying them before I submit. A pain.

    By Blogger Monica, at 11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home