Central Hawk

Monday, May 1

The One With the Offer Letter

I got one!!! I just feel so relieved. It's exactly the same position I have now, except there's only going to be one of me, and I'll be expected to help with everything for awhile. He said that we would be getting raises, like we are supposed to, July 1, and I did mention that I was supposed to be getting a promotion, so hopefully, that works out for me.

The General Manager of the District that I will be going to said he had appreciated my honesty with him through this process and wanted to make sure that I knew that I was the kind of person that he wanted for this job. He also assured me that the person he hires to be my manager will be someone who fits with my values. They are also hiring a leg person and an education person. So I'll be moving downstairs in two months, and I don't have to worry about working for my crazy boss anymore.

I just happened to be in the HR office talking to one of the women that work over there when the GM came out of the office and asked who was next. They were doing it in alphabetical order, and we all know how far my name falls on that list, but he said to skip to me. I was very excited, to say the least.

Now, I can just relax and enjoy my job, I hope. He said he's ready for me to get started helping them with things immediately. I gave him a hug when I left. Couldn't help it. ("Would it be totally inappropriate if I gave you a hug right now?" "Yes." "Then how about a handshake? I did not mean to touch that, I mean, you there.")

6 Comments:

  • Hopefuly that promotion and raise will be large enough so I can quit my job and concentrate on my poker career.

    By Blogger Ned Ryerson, at 12:21 PM  

  • Yea!!!! Congratulations! Now you can take a deep breath and enjoy your baby's birthday.

    By Blogger Diana, at 2:23 PM  

  • Yes, I feel much better. But I don't think the raise will be big enough for you to quit yet. A few more years of working for you, Ned.

    By Blogger Rachel, at 4:19 PM  

  • Congrats, I'm glad everything worked out for you. Tell Ned a poker career is a bad move - he's going to have to worry about losing money to me.

    By Blogger jason, at 4:28 PM  

  • Believe me, Chris, I know what you mean about the powers that be at another job I used to have. :)

    But thanks, both of you, I'm very relieved to have this over with.

    By Blogger Rachel, at 12:15 PM  

  • "These are not tears of anger or sadness, but just of me having this conversation with you."

    Congratulations Rach! You know I'm so happy for you and I hope that things de-stress soon.

    Side note: My word verification was "gdnazi." :)

    By Blogger Monica, at 7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home