Central Hawk

Saturday, August 5

The One With Chubbs' Inner Clock

When my mom was in town this last weekend, she was so impressed with the way Chubbs always seemed to know what day and time it was. I guess my life has gotten so predictable that my dogs can always tell what I'm going to do next. But every Sunday after lunch, Chubbs runs to the door because he knows it's time to go to agility class. Every time, I put on my tennis shoes, my dogs run for the door, hoping to be the dog that I take with them. When I put on my dress shoes for work, they completely ignore me.

This morning, I thought you would find it funny, Pheobes, that Chubbs woke me up at 9 a.m. on the nose, after I had been in bed about 9 hours. He had been lying next to me for at least an hour, and he just rolled over and started licking my nose. I found it so funny that I got up.

4 Comments:

  • Please have Chubbs call me. He must have misunderstood our earlier conversation. I explained to him that sometimes you might need more than nine hours of sleep. He seems to be struggling a bit with the "more than" concept. My granddog, he's such a genius!

    By Blogger Diana, at 4:48 AM  

  • How cute! Theo gets very excited when I put on my tennis shoes too! How is it that I show Theo something one time and he does it. When I say off, he goes to the ottoman and lays down. But Maggie, well, she's been around for years and she has yet to figure anything out. For instance, when I say do not lay on my new rug ... she pukes on it.

    By Blogger Monica, at 2:28 PM  

  • The smartest dogs are the hardest ones to train...

    By Blogger Rachel, at 9:27 PM  

  • Oh, now that's funny. Are you saying that Maggie is smart? I don't think anyone has suggested that before!!! I'm so proud.

    By Blogger Monica, at 2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home