Central Hawk

Wednesday, August 24

The One With No Attacks

Muggsy's Training Log
Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Yesterday was a good day. When I got home from work, Muggsy came from the kitchen where Ross was cooking to greet me. As he was heading back to the kitchen, Chubbs came tearing around the corner and ran right into Muggsy. With this being such an emotional time, greeting me and all, I expected an attack. Nope. Muggsy backed up, looked at me and waited for Chubbs to pass. Chubbs, realizing how close he came, darted into his crate and out of the way. I'm very, very proud of both my boys!

I was sick Monday so I haven't done much training, but last night, I continued to work on come, right and down with Muggsy. Come is going pretty well. He will come out of going after someone, if he knows I have treats. That means it's about time to start weaning him off treats. He's also doing right pretty well, but I don't know if he could do that without the treat either. I'll start experimenting with less treats after this week probably. Chubbs and Fenway both worked on down-stays and Fenway worked on up. That's going pretty well, especially since I worked with all of them together yesterday instead of separately.

Anyway, that's about it. Back to work.

2 Comments:

  • What is this?!? Spam on our blog? I don't think so people. Only comment if you have something pertinent to add. Don't just plug your own blog. That's tacky.

    Sorry to hear you felt bad Rach. Hope you're feeling better. And yeah for Muggsy! Sounds like the combo of medicine and training is working like a charm! :) That's great!

    By Blogger Monica, at 3:09 PM  

  • I think you can remove any comments that you don't want. But it is pretty ridiculous that we're getting so spammed!!

    By Blogger Rachel, at 7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home