Central Hawk

Friday, August 19

The One with the Little Man





I've been pretty AWOL this week myself. I'm all caught up in this book I picked up at the LAX airport. It's about a girl who's dad is in the Canadian air force during the cold war. So it's a bit of historical fiction, and mostly about the girl and her family, and it's also a murder mystery. I can't put it down.

Maggie and Theo survived the chicken incident just fine. For those of you who don't know, my dogs ate an entire rotissory chicken, bones and all. There were little to no side affects. Silly dog. Also on the dog front, Theo has gone through a humping phase and pleasures himself on all blankets, pillows, clothing left on the floor. This grosses me out. Chandler thinks its hilarious. Hello!? Didn't you come neutered? What the heck?

David is doing great. He's going to bed by himself. He's moving up the three-year-old (Preschool I) classroom next Monday. As you can see, I got him a mini backpack for the big transition. Cute! He's excited for his birthday and tells everyone he wants strawberries. So I think I'm going to make a strawberry shortcake for the party. I'm going to try to make him a Jayhawks quilt also. They have some Jayhawk fabric at a store in Lawrence. And I think we're getting him a bike. Dick's has a little mini one with training wheels. He's getting pretty good on the trike, so maybe it's time to move up! I think my mom is getting him a little basketball goal, and he's going to play soccer in September on a little YMCA team. So he's on track to become an All-American athlete! :) He's also doing very well with his colors, which were giving him problems. And he has added "Mama, Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to be Cowboys" and "London Bridges" to his expansive repetiore. There's your David fix!

Have a great weekend all!

PS Just saw the one where Ross's leather pants get stuck around his ankles ... "the lotion and powder have formed a paste!"

1 Comments:

  • Cute. I was thinking I would get him some football stuff. A cute little nerf football and a little helmet or something. I haven't decided yet. But it's about time for my yearly birthday shopping trip: David, then Mindy, then my college roommate, then you and then my mom.

    By Blogger Rachel, at 7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home