Central Hawk

Saturday, August 20

The One Where It's OK to Be an A-Hole in Boston

Last night, Ross and I went to the Red Sox-Angels game. One of his colleagues has season tickets and her parents couldn't go, so he got the tickets for free. Being a big Red Sox fan, he was pretty excited. We got to see a good game. Boston was up 3-1 until the bottom of the eighth when the Angels tied it. We got to see Schilling and Boston won in the 10th.

But this blew my mind. When we were leaving, of course, the parking lot was terrible. I was trying to merge from my row. It was my turn. This guy in a van came riding right up on the car in front of him and wouldn't let me in. So we roll down our windows and are like, "Why won't you let us in? We're all in the same place." With his kid in the car, he rolls down his window, flips me off and says, "I'm from Boston, OK?" So apparently, it's OK to be an asshole if you're from Boston. I didn't know. I've never been there. I didn't think, "I'm from the Midwest and learned how to treat people with respect" was a suitable come back, nor is "Well, this is L.A. and the next person you say that to might pull out a gun and shoot you," so I just kept my mouth shut. People never cease to amaze me. What did he gain by not letting me in? Three seconds. Guess that makes all the difference.


****


Guess what!! There is going to be a characturist at my Long Beach store one Saturday in September. I am so taking my dogs to that!! How funny will that be? I'll frame them and hang them up in my living room because we all know I don't have enough pictures to my dogs in my shrine, uh, house. :)

As far as training, I haven't done much. I'm exhausted, unfortunately, with two jobs and a full-time Muggsy, so I haven't had a lot of extra time. I did play the "Come Game" with all the dogs today and Muggsy stayed focused on me while the pizza guy went next door (have I mentioned that my neighbors get pizza for EVERY meal??? and the husband is a cook for a living!!). I had treats, but I was still really proud that he paid attention.

I taught Fenway "up." She just gets up on her hind legs. I'm going to teach her to walk after awhile. I really want a dog to do freestyle with. I was going to do it with Chubbs, but maybe it would be good for Fenway to have something that's hers. I'll teach her a little routine to music and it will be fun for her. I think she could learn well if I put more time into her, but so could Chubbs. I'm just stretched a little thin right now.

1 Comments:

  • I can't wait until I cut someone off in traffic. I'll just roll down my window and say, "Hey, I'm from Boston." Except that I don't want to look that stupid...

    By Blogger Diana, at 11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home