Central Hawk

Tuesday, September 13

The One With the Summer of '69

So I was driving home from dog class tonight, and this alternative radio station was playing like every song I'm embarrassed to have in my cd collection but love to sing along with just the same and guess what came on -- Summer of '69. It reminded me of the night Mon and I stayed up all night singing Bryan Adams songs at the top of our lungs until the teacher who lived upstairs came down and asked us to stop. :) I don't want to say that "those were the best days of my life" because I think every year I live is better than the last, but wasn't college fun???

Anyway, no working with Muggsy tonight because I took Fenway to dog class. She never goes out in the world by herself and it definitely showed. She was so nervous she couldn't do a sit. But the more she does this, the better she'll get. By the end of class, she was letting my boss and one of the girls who works at the store pet her. But I'm so tired of hearing, "Fenway? Like the park?" and having to explain that yes, we live in California but my boyfriend is a Red Sox fan. My dogs' names are so obscure that no one gets the references. No one says, "Muggsy? Like Muggsy Bogues, the former Charlotte Hornet?" or "Chubbs? Like the golf coach from Happy Gilmore?"

So that's it for tonight, besides reminding you to keep your fingers crossed on me getting the perfect job that I just applied for!! Good-night.

2 Comments:

  • Hey, I think the names are great. I went to the state fair Saturday and watched the draft horse pulls (please try to contain your jealousy, I mean what in California or even KC can compare to that?) The beautiful horses that won - they were beautiful, really - were named Sis and Ed.

    By Blogger Diana, at 3:27 AM  

  • Ah ... such great memories! That was so much fun. We terrorized the neighborhood at that apartment! :)

    By Blogger Monica, at 2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home