Central Hawk

Friday, September 9

The One With Chubbs' Career Aspirations

Since I always talk about Muggsy, I thought I would mention one of Chubbs' recent triumphs. For those of you who have never watched Chubbs clumsily crash through the house chasing flies, you may not know that Chubbs has always aspired to be a fly-killer. That dream became a reality this week when Chubbs killed his first fly!! The fly was on the blinds and did not escape Chubbs' mouth. Today, while I was playing hookie from work, I found a dead fly lying on the bathroom floor. A result of Chubbs' new profession? I guess if I start to see fly carcasses everywhere I'll know he's developed a successful new profession for himself.

As for Muggsy, we tried desensitizing to the car today, but he barked at everyone who walked by. He did get calm after about six-seven minutes, sitting without heavy panting, but if someone would walk by, he'd regress. I guess what I should do is take him somewhere and sit in the car there. Maybe he would feel less protective if we weren't at our house. That's something I might try tomorrow. However, I'm getting cavities filled, so I might not feel up to training after that. It might have to wait until Sunday.

Muggsy is on his second day of double medication, and he seems a lot more sedate. I guess it's a good thing, but I feel like I'm killing his spirit. Anyway, we'll keep working and see what happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home