Central Hawk

Wednesday, September 14

The One With Day Three at Peck Park

Well, here is your daily Muggsy update. I took him to Peck Park again today and there were even more people than before. How is a place that was so quiet on a Sunday afternoon so packed on a Wednesday evening??? That's no good. I guess I'm going to have to find a new place after he gets a little more acclimated to this one. Today, he took eight minutes to calm down after taking six on Monday. Not quite as good. He stayed at a pretty nervous level and we left after 12 minutes. He barked at someone who walked by the car but only once. I waited for him to calm down from that and left. I asked my boss to come along on one of my sessions, just to see if my timing is good. Next Saturday, another girl I work with is going to do T-Touch, which is doggie massage, with him. I volunteered to help her with a case study about aggressive dogs improving their handling skills through T-Touch. I started a long time ago with her, but she went through some life changes and hasn't worked on it in awhile. I'm not sure what she's going to have me do, but it should be interesting.

Despite the decrease in his exercise, he doesn't seem to have much extra energy, probably because of the medicene. He hasn't put on weight yet, though, and I've decreased his food and put him on the healthiest food I possibly can with some supplements. He and Chubbs play in the evening, which is a good sign. Chubbs isn't afraid to be around him anymore, though he is still a little hesitant. Dogs tend to be able to tell when something is wrong with another dog, so I take Chubbs and Fenway being more warm toward Muggsy as a positive. Maybe they can sense he's getting a little better. I get frustrated because I feel like the medicene is helping with the blowups but not his overall anxiety, which is what I would like to see fixed. But my boss said that even if his overall anxiety doesn't seem to be better, the lack of blowups and problems indicate that it is at a lower level.

On my way to the park tonight, I drove by a football practice and missed my old life for a second. It's weird how much my life is changed. But don't worry. I'll still be able to hang with the boys when it comes to talking sports. I'll never be totally out of touch.

5 Comments:

  • I commend your taste in dog-naming. Perhaps regular attendance at a local mosque would calm young Muggsy -- I would be happy to provide spiritual guidance.

    By Blogger Ayatollah Mugsy, at 12:31 AM  

  • I doubt Muggsy would be welcome at a mosque, but I will try to provide him with more spiritual guidance. :)

    By Blogger Rachel, at 2:05 PM  

  • He would be welcome at Pug Life Ministries, of which I am supreme ayatollah. It is an interfaith, interspecies congregation. You're welcome to stop by any time. It is not just for Muslim canines.

    By Blogger Ayatollah Mugsy, at 6:34 PM  

  • OK, I visited your site and I see that you are located in North Texas, where I used to call home. Muggsy was born in Weatherford. How did you find my site and decide to offer me your infinite wisdom?

    By Blogger Rachel, at 5:17 PM  

  • Pug Life Ministries does have a Jewish wing, Samir. We strive for a diversified business model. We do not currently have a Dogloo compound in Los Angeles, but it is in our master plan. And, of course, our web site is available to all of the faithful, worldwide.

    Rachel, I don't recall how I happened across your site. Perhaps it was Allah's divine paw guiding me. But once I saw that you had a dog named Muggsy, I had to bookmark it. Peace be upon you.

    By Blogger Ayatollah Mugsy, at 1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home