Central Hawk

Friday, October 21

The One With Football and Politics

Two things today that made me laugh. The first one is the morning SportsCenter guy saying, "There are going to be points and pretty girls in even numbers in Austin this weekend," when he was previewing the Texas-Texas Tech game. I was cracking up. What? The other is this link that the coolest person I've met in California sent me this morning. She said, "This would be funny if it weren't so true." Look through it if you're a Democrat. It's pretty funny.

www.thefrown.com/frowners/becomerepublican.swf

4 Comments:

  • That is too funny!! And, sad to say, too true. Especially that you must love, worship, and ignore Jesus. Accept him as your personal weapon. Thanks for sharing that.

    By Blogger Diana, at 2:33 PM  

  • I thought you would enjoy that part.

    And speaking of things making me laugh, I keep forgetting to share this story with you two. This guy that works on our construction team for a recycled water pipeline we're building is from Oklahoma and went to OSU. So every Tuesday, we talk about how bad our football teams are. I can't remember how it got to this, but we were all talking about the south and Louisiana. The guy from OKLAHOMA said, "Yeah, all those guys down there are inbred." I could have just about died laughing. But I bit my tongue, smiled and nodded.

    By Blogger Rachel, at 12:17 PM  

  • You are WAY too nice to the guy! Another example of our girl going soft! :) Just kidding you. I know you have to be nice, but come on. Oklahoman's name their towns "Slaughterville." Why?

    By Blogger Monica, at 12:51 PM  

  • No kidding! How could you pass that one up...well, okay you are from Reno County. The pot calling the kettle black?

    By Blogger Diana, at 8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home