Central Hawk

Sunday, January 22

The One With the Dizziness

I hate being sick. It makes me feel so useless. I haven't been to work in a week, though I did continue to teach dog class, because I had an inner ear infection that was causing me massive head pains and dizziness. This was certainly a lost week, and not because of Kansas' devastating loss to its evil rival, Missouri. (Hello, how can you support a state that can't figure out how to say the name of the own state they live in!! Does anyone see an A at the end of Missouri?) I'm still not even feeling that much better today, though I will be back at work on Monday.

I can't take it anymore. I was too sick to even read, so I had to watch TV, hours and hours of TV. I hate TV. I feel like my mind is turning to mush because I haven't made it think in a week. I also did a lot of sleeping. So that's why the absence from the blog.

Muggsy has been going a little nutty without his typical exercise and has tried to attack Chubbs three times. He connected once. Yesterday, he was giving so many evil eyes that I put both of them in lockdown for awhile. I think they'll be glad to get me out of the house for awhile.

The plus of the weekend, if you can call it that, was watching Kansas beat Nebraska by 40 points. However, watching how good they CAN be just makes me frustrated that they can't seem to play like that with any sort of consistency. I can't believe a team with that much talent is going to be playing in the NIT. Frustrating.

And finally, Dad Watch 2006: After waiting three weeks for him to return my "thanks for the Christmas video" phone call, I called him back again. He was in a foul mood and tried to get me to reveal the secret to his relationship with my mom that I apparently know but am keeping from both of them, but he did say something sweet that I thought I would share. Remember how I told you all that he read a story on the video tape, the first story I can ever remember him reading to me in my life. Well, he told me that he practiced reading that story 40 times before he finally read it on video (I'm sure a slight exaggeration but still sweet) and then recorded it three times before he was happy with his performance. At least it shows that he put thought into my gift. That makes it more special for me. My dad has never really been able to read well -- he has dyslexia and dropped out of high school -- so it's sweet that he practiced reading for my video.

Guess that's it. Back to my sick bed.

1 Comments:

  • Well, I wrote some long comment and then blogger screwed me and lost it all ...

    But that is really, REALLY sweet that your dad worked so hard to read your story. I know it's long overdue, but I'm glad he's trying.

    By Blogger Monica, at 10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home