Central Hawk

Sunday, January 8

The One With Ashley Judd

Yes, she was there. We all saw her, several times, on TV. And since we've been joking about her all weekend, I thought it was a fitting thing to post about. Of course, the real story is that Kansas beat ranked Kentucky by 30 points and looked pretty damn good. Do I think this is an indication of great things to come? Um, no. I think this is an indication that our talented group of freshmen and sophomores can play really well sometimes. They can beat anyone in the Big 12. They can also lose to anyone in the Big 12. I guess we'll see what happens.

There were some funny Ashley Judd quotes that I wanted to share. My mom told me that when she walked in, Bob said, "Ashley Judd is in the building," to which Max responded, "Really? I didn't notice with all the beautiful women in Kansas." :) You gotta love Max. I'm so sad that he's retiring. I mean, I know he has to because he's a million, but what's it going to be like when it's Bob and some nobody. Sad.

Then, Brandon "Jareemdon" Rush was quoted in the J-Dub as saying, "Yeah, I saw Ashley. I think she was looking at me. I mean, why wouldn't she have been looking at me?" Nice. I think I've said all I need to say about that. We all know about the Rush brothers...


On a non-sports-related note, I started the first of my dog classes this weekend and had a disappointing start. My Beach stores (Long and Redondo) didn't sell many spots AT ALL. But supposedly, my Costa Mesa store has two full classes and one that has a dog or two in it. So I guess that will be alright. I'm also getting more private lessons, and my boss is starting to trust me with mild aggression and evaluations. She seems to think I'll be full-time in a year. She plans to do a lot more promotion this year.

I also started agility class with Chubbs today. It was fun. I don't think he'll be good at it because he's older and has bad hips, but he had fun today. It was just beginning stuff, and he did everything right as soon as I showed him how. The hardest part was going through things, like tunnels and rings. He would try to run around it. But once I showed him what to do, he did it right every time after that. He's a smart guy! Muggsy is also doing great. We went running today, and he seems to have calmed down from all the holiday stress. Maybe because I officially ended my own holiday funk on Friday.

Finally, before I get back to studying for Chubbs' therapy test, I talked to my friend, Travis, today, who earned an internship in Washington DC working for a senator. It sounds like he has one of the best internships, one that will really utilize his talents and provide a great starting point for his new career. I'm really, really excited for you, Travis!! Best of luck and keep us posted on your success.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home