Central Hawk

Saturday, February 25

The One With the MRI, Burnt Orange House and New Bed

My weekend so far:
  • MRI: It came back negative, which means there's nothing seriously wrong with me. But it also means that no one knows what's wrong with me. I'm really tired of the dizzy spells, though, like with everything else, I've almost completely learned to deal with them. It is a little maddening trying to relax more, but you gotta do what you gotta do.
  • House-hunting: Another very discouraging weekend. We thought that Long Beach was the key to our three-dog renting success, but Long Beach is terrible. The neighborhoods we were looking in, I wouldn't feel comfortable walking in the middle of the day, let alone jogging at 5:30 a.m. Early morning is actually when the largest percentage of rapes happen, so I have to be in a neighborhood where I feel comfortable being out at that hour. I think that means we're going to have to stay in the South Bay. We actually found this great house -- burnt orange, perfect for Ross -- that was close to the beach and in a quiet neighborhood that would accept our dogs, but he wanted to get it rented out this weekend, and our lease isn't up until the end of May. Sad.
  • Ross' Birthday: Yes, it's in April, but I had decided to get him a new bed and there was a great President's Day sale this weekend, so I took him to pick it out. It ended up being twice what I wanted to pay, so he paid for the other half, our present for the next two birthdays and Chronikahs. So it will be awhile before I fly anyone to Vegas again. :) This bed is pretty great, though. Ross hates my bed, and I wanted to get him one that would be more comfortable. I like a soft bed, so I sprung for an expensive one that is supposed to last 25 years. There was a huge difference in the quality between that one and the ones half the price. I guess I just felt like you shouldn't pinch pennies when it comes to getting a good night's sleep. It's getting delivered next week, so that's pretty exciting. Time to say good-bye to the waterbed.

Hope the rest of you are having a good weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home