Central Hawk

Sunday, May 28

The One With Only Two Dogs

Well, Muggsy moved out this week. I fixed him up a nice dog room in the garage, and our fence was finished this week, so now he spends all his time in the yard and in the dog room. I never see him. It's really weird. Chubbs acts different when he's not around.

In my silly human way, my feelings are kinda hurt that he doesn't want to spend more time with me. But I understand that it's good for him to spend so much time away from Chubbs, just relaxing. I hope it improves his attitude in the house. He still gets excited when I go out to see him. He doesn't even sleep in the house anymore.

As for my dog who still lives with me, Chubbs did excellent in agility class today. He even jumped through the tire on the first try, which he hates. He does really well at things that most dogs are afraid of because he's not afraid of anything, but he just doesn't run very fast or jump very high. Today, though, he listened to all my commands and did everything right the first time, except one time when he ran off to try to get a toy that was lying on the ground.

It's funny because the basset, Flash, was behind us, and her owner was telling me that she watches the dog in front of her and does exactly the same thing that dog does. When Chubbs did well, she did well. So when Chubbs ran for the toy, we all waited to see what she'd do. She started to run toward the toy, but her owner caught her. It was really funny. It's interesting what dogs will do.

1 Comments:

  • Oh Rach! It must feel really weird not to have him in the house. It's kinda like he's graduated and moved to his own place ... over the garage (like Joey!). Sadness. :( He's so much like a human though, he probably just needs his space, his alone time. I can relate to that!

    Good for Chubbs! I hope I get to attend this class w/ you and see this Flash. She sounds so cute!

    By Blogger Monica, at 7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home