Central Hawk

Sunday, October 1

The One Where I Was Tired

My Sunday appointment called me during the first quarter of the Kansas-Nebraska game to ask if she could postpone to next weekend. Since I had scheduled the session during Chubbs' agility class, I was happy that she canceled. She's this very nice woman with a hilarious husband and two daschund puppies that bark at everything. She asked me, "So do you work every day? You don't really get a day off, do you?" I said no, I don't, to which she replied, "Don't you get tired?"

Well, yes. Yes, I do. That's why I decided to take a nap at halftime of the game. Kansas had had three interceptions and a fumble in the first half and trailed 24-7. I couldn't imagine that the second half would be any better. I jokingly said to Ross, "Wake me up when Kansas is winning."

I was so tired that I fell into a very deep sleep. Needless to say, I was shocked when Ross came into the room after an hour or so to wake me up. "Baby," he said, "Kansas just took the lead with 6 minutes left in the game." I didn't believe him. I thought he was just being mean. My friend Mindy didn't believe me when I called her either. I had already gotten a couple of texts from Mon. Crazy.

OK, so Kansas lost. But if you would have told me that Kansas would come back in Nebraska with all their injuries and Barmann at quarterback, I would have bet you thousands of dollars. Go into overtime? I would have laughed in your face. I'm not disappointed at all. I think that should go a long way toward Kansas' confidence. If they can play that well through the rest of the season, I think they should come out near the top of the North.

And we still have the fattest coach in all of college football. Seriously. He's fat.

2 Comments:

  • He's gross!
    But I also watched the first ten minutes of the game and decided to go to bed. I woke up to the sounds of my neighbor, who I never hear, yelling. I thought she was either a Nebraska fan or was watching another game. But she kept yelling so I finally got up and turned on the TV. Who would have guessed?

    By Blogger Diana, at 3:57 PM  

  • I know! It was madness.

    And we not only have the fattest coach in all of college football ... I'm pretty sure he's the fattest man in the Midwest. I'm not positive, but the man is large and in charge. I love how they cut to him every 5 minutes just to keep people entertained.

    By Blogger Monica, at 4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home