Central Hawk

Friday, August 18

The One With No Traffic

The weirdest thing happened to me yesterday on my way to work. I admit that I slept in an extra 45 minutes and was heading into work at 9 instead of 8. But that still doesn't explain what happened.

When I got on the freeway, there were six cars. Six. That's it. I counted. The other side of the freeway was packed in true Southern California fashion, but my side had only six cars. I expected the traffic to pick up as I drove on, and it did a little, but there was less traffic than I have ever seen on my drive to work.

There was probably a wreck that closed the freeway a few exits north of mine. That's the only explanation. But it was the eeriest thing. You're just not expecting to get on the freeway and find it empty at any time in Los Angeles, especially 9 a.m. on a Thursday. I felt like the world was coming to an end, and I was the only one who didn't knew about it.

And any time there's no traffic in the South Bay, it's news worthy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home