Central Hawk

Thursday, September 7

The One With the Stalker Update

OK, you all know about my most recent stalker. I met him, as I did my last stalker before him, through my best friend in Texas. This stalker, we'll call him Onionhead :), lives in KC, where I will be visiting most of next week. I think I have told most of you what a pain he has been about planning this trip, trying to get me to come see him and spend time with him while I am in town visiting my best friend of all time, Mon, and my family. All a little more important than a guy I have met twice who I am just being nice to because he is friends with one of my favorite people in the world.

On Labor Day, he texted me four times. Yesterday, he texted me four times trying to get me to join some fantasy football league with him. I don't like to gamble, I said. My friend said, Don't bother her. She doesn't like to gamble. Nope, he kept texting and e-mailing asking me to be involved so we could keep in touch more. Today, he e-mailed me and asked me to text him every day. Uh, no. I don't text people that I like every day. I have two jobs. Leave me alone.

But what really made me mad was yesterday evening. He sent me an e-mail criticizing our mutual friend. Now, if you think I'm sensitive about things, you should see how I act when people criticize my friends. Especially those who are too sweet to defend themselves, like Ross or this friend. I was furious. This guy does not know me well enough to try to bond with me by tearing down our mututal friend. This is a guy who has never intentionally done a mean thing to anyone. He has stood by Onionhead despite the fact that the guy is an idiot and what happens? Onionhead trashes him to someone he barely knows.

If I didn't like this friend so much, I would have already told Onionhead to hit the road. But I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do. I did tell the friend about the e-mail and that I was uncomfortable with his friend, but I'm not sure that I'm going to be able to work up the strength to blow him off when I'm in KC. Mon, do you think you can instill the bitchiness in me???

7 Comments:

  • What a jerk. But this is your chance to get rid of him. Tell him he's out of line about that nice guy from Texas and you don't want to hear from him again. Period.

    By Blogger Diana, at 3:36 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger jason, at 4:45 PM  

  • When is Ross too sweet to defend himself?

    By Blogger jason, at 4:46 PM  

  • You know how Ross lets people push him around. The only reason that he argues with you is because you've been his best friend for more than a decade and he's comfortable with you. But I bet there are times when he's upset with you and you don't know it. He doesn't always tell ME when he's upset with me and I live with him. I don't know if it's too sweet or too chicken, but I know you know what I mean. :)

    I guess you're right, though, Pheobes. But that would require me to be confrontational. I was thinking just blow him off and not tell him why in typical Rachel chicken-shit fashion.

    By Blogger Rachel, at 5:25 PM  

  • I do know what you mean, but how could Ross ever be upset with someone like me? :)

    By Blogger jason, at 10:01 PM  

  • WHOA! Hold on! Clearly I have not checked the blog lately (without Rach writing, and me never having anything intelligent to say ... well you can see there's no reason to be on!) But now that Rach is back, and she's busted out this Onionhead saga ... I'm stoked! This guys KILLS me! He asked you TO TEXT HIM EVERYDAY?!? I am cracking UP!!! If he hadn't trashed Tex I would say let's meet up with him solely for the entertainment factor. But since he's being an ass and clearly way over the line ("You're so far past the line, you can't even see the line. The line is a dot to you.") I'd say the easy, non-confrontational answer is to block his email address, block his text messages and just ignore him. Then you don't have to get into it with him, but you can still get rid of him. Gross.

    By Blogger Monica, at 10:01 AM  

  • That's true, Jason. I can't imagine anyone ever being upset with you. :)

    Yeah, let's not hang out with this guy. He sucks. I'm glad you're entertained... :)

    By Blogger Rachel, at 6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home