Central Hawk

Friday, October 6

The One With My Dogs

I have two great dog stories, which won't mean anything to anyone, but I want to share.

The first is about Chubbs, the fly killer. Earlier this week, Ross and I had been trying to kill a fly that was scaring Muggsy and neither of us were able to find him. A couple of hours later, I noticed Chubbs pawing at the floor and chewing on something. He had caught the fly!! Ross and I gave him so much praise that he did a little circular dance in the middle of the floor. I've never seen him that happy. It was so cute.

The second is about Muggsy's bravery. Muggsy is terrified of many things, among them my hair dryer. He flees from the room terrified every time I pick it up. He knows my morning routine so well that he flees the room before I even pick it up. Today, when I was blow drying my hair, he came to the bedroom door and stood there watching. I started praising him and held out my hand, and he actually came up to me and sat for petting!! Then, he jumped on the bed and lie there while I finished. I was so proud!! None of you can imagine what a big step that is for him, with no training on my part. He just did it on his own.

What a proud dog mom I am.

1 Comments:

  • Yeah! That's great. I'm so proud of my god-dogs!!

    Sending lots of ear rubs, Mon

    By Blogger Monica, at 11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home