Central Hawk

Wednesday, January 31

The One With the Quick Update

I probably won't feel like writing for awhile, but for those of you on the edge of your seats about my dogs, I wanted to give a quick update.

Muggsy has a fibrosa lump, which is not malignant. If it continues to grow, they will remove it, but it could just as easily go away. It's too hard and perfectly round to be cancer. So if you find a lumpy, misshapen lump on your dog, get it checked out right away. I've found out two other dogs I know have cancer in the last week. One has only six months to live and the other should be fine after having the lumps removed. Just like you have to examine yourselves, please examine your dogs for lumps.

Chubbs didn't get his dosage changed. Many of his levels had greatly improved, but he has some levels that are still four times what they should be. So the lethargy is due to the fact that his body is really fighting to produce more hormones than it is used to producing. This is really wearing him down. Poor guy. I've decided to discontinue agility class until we both feel better. My doctor said that in four months, his levels should only be twice the normal level, so it looks like this will take about a year or so to level out, unfortunately.

On a positive note, the diet change to an all raw diet seems to be really helping Fenway's allergy problems. I hope to see those continue to improve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home