Central Hawk

Monday, June 13

The One With Day 28

Muggsy's Training Diary, Day 28
June 13, 2005

Today, I had no problems getting the muzzle on Muggsy because I was very forward about putting it on. No more waiting for him. I'm having trouble getting him to come in the training room, also known as my bedroom, now though. It's getting a little ridiculous. I left the muzzle on while I put him behind the door and had him look at me through the crack. He was nervous and fought it a little, but he did very well. I rewarded him and then let him stand behind the door and get some liver. I hope this will become more positive for him. He still likes to sit down behind the door, so I'm going to have to work more on stand. I'm also going to see if I can't start leaving the muzzle on a little longer. He seems so nervous to have it on, but I guess he has to get used to it. He's doing well, but I wish he was happier.

We played out in the yard again today and when our neighbor rode by on his bike with his daughter, I was able to deflect Muggsy's attention and give him treats. He's making a lot of progress with barking at people by the fence. Do I ever think I'll be able to leave him alone in the yard? No. But with management, he is improving. He's a good guy. We'll see what happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home