Central Hawk

Saturday, June 4

The One with the "Understorm"

Poor Theo is afraid of thunderstorms. Or understorms, as David would say. He shivers and shakes, and he won't let you hold him. That makes him even more nervous for some reason. So he sleeps in the closet of our bedroom all curled up on the floor in the dark. He must have been in some bad storms when he was a stray.

And then poor David! He has some nasty congestion and everything creates a major meltdown. He was watching Book of Pooh on the computer, and I needed to balance the checkbook so I asked him if I could use the computer. This was a minor catastrophe. He cried for his daddy for like 10 minutes. Finally he calmed down, but now he's a huge mess: tears and sweat and snot all over his face! :(

I had all these things planned for this weekend, we were supposed to go to a ballgame with Deb and Ray Ray, but David couldn't go. Then I was going to take him to this Gymboree play class this morning, but he's contagious so I can't let him be around other kids. Then tonight we have a bar-b-q / baby shower for Dede (her baby is due at the end of the month), but I don't want her to get sick from him, so I guess I'll just stop by and drop off my gift ... Oh right, I need to get a gift!

My mom is coming next week, so I have to clean the house so it looks like I've made some progress since the last time they were up. We're going to a wedding in Kentucky. We're driving up: me, J, David and Mom. I'm not actually a big fan of going to weddings. For some reason I don't really like them. Maybe it's the dressing up. On the other hand, I'm so excited for when Rachel gets married, maybe b/c she's my BF. Anyway, this girl sang at my wedding, so I should really go to hers.

Oh one more thing: I had a funny dream last night. I dreamed that I was dating Jed. And he was still the same weight but had grown like a foot so he was super skinny. Then Tammy was there with Wendy and she was mad at me b/c I never call her (as are all my friends, I'm sure). She was also pregnant and looked beautiful. But then 5 minutes later we were sitting on a couch, she was no longer pregnant and she had huge Greek letters tattooed across her chest! Someone analyze that one please!

4 Comments:

  • Well, one thing about when Rachel gets married, you won't have to worry about dressing up. We'll all be in jeans, and rumor has it she still has those lovely tennis shoes that she wore under her bridesmaid dress at your wedding! Anyway, why didn't you call me about babysitting? I would have come over and hung out with David. Runny noses don't bother me. Poor baby, I hope he gets to feeling better.

    By Blogger Diana, at 4:23 PM  

  • I should have! I always feel bad b/c it seems like our baby-sitting requests are always last minute! We ended up taking him, he was feeling better. We just stayed a little while and everyone was outside, so he wasn't breathing all over everyone! :) And as for the tennis shoes, I've already got some plans up my sleeve for a brand new pair ... hmmm ...

    By Blogger Monica, at 6:57 PM  

  • I'll pass those ideas along to my friend with five dogs. One of her dogs barks constantly at the thunder. What are anxiety wraps? Would they help Mugsy with his muzzle?

    By Blogger Diana, at 6:23 AM  

  • Anxiety wraps are just like a tight T-shirt or something that fits around the dog's body and makes them feel secure and comforted. It wouldn't help with something like trying on a muzzle, but it works for something that's going to go on for awhile like a thunderstorm because it helps them settle. I'm not sure if you can get them at PetsMart, but you can definitely get them online.

    By Blogger Rachel, at 12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home