Central Hawk

Saturday, June 4

The One With No Training

Sorry. I have been out of blog land for a few days. I also haven't had time to train. I'm just now getting caught up. We had the huge 10th anniversary event that I've been mentioning on Friday, and I've been working non-stop since Thursday afternoon. Then, we had another event today and I had dog-training in the morning.

Bad news first: I still hate my job. I decided to tell my co-worker some of the negative things our boss had said before she left because she came to me asking why our boss was being so unreasonable. I wasn't going to tell her, but she seemed so upset. However, she beat me to the punch and said to me verbatim the things that my boss had said to me about her, only saying that our boss had said those things about ME to HER. Turns out she's been trying to play us off each other, which takes away from my whole "at least she has good intentions" thing. This makes her manipulative. No one who is manipulative has good intentions for anyone but themselves. But it's strange because I still think my boss wants to see me develop and improve. I just think her motives might not be as genuine as I had always thought. So now I'm going to start searching for jobs more seriously. I can't stay at a job that makes me so unhappy.

Good news now: The event went well. I had a great performance, and my boss was very happy with me. Everything turned out well, despite how rocky it was getting there. Dog training is also going well. I'm enjoying my group classes, and my boss is ready for me to start taking on some of the easier private clients. We went to a lesson today with a lab/akita/american bulldog pup who looked just like Muggsy did when he was a pup. It was amazing. I was instantly enamored. His problems were typical puppy problems and they are going to come to my group class. My boss told me that if they call for another private, she is going to have me take it on my own. PRetty exciting! I think all the hard work of tagging along to lessons is paying off because I'm taking on a lot more than the other girl who started the same time I did. Sometimes being Type A pays off, Mom. :)

Anyway, I haven't been working with Muggsy as much as I would like. I know that's terrible, but I've just been exhausted. However, I talked to Elaine about my recent complaints and she said I'm doing everything right. She said the muzzle behavior is probably just an extinction burst. We're ready to move onto the next stage of training in Door! where I handle him behind the door. I hope to try this starting next week.

I guess it's time to go to bed now. I have dog class in the morning and have to work another event tomorrow.

2 Comments:

  • Congratulations on your success with the anniversary event! Hopefully it will be an experience you can brag about at your next job interview. One question we always ask someone we're interviewing is to tell about a project they were involved in from start to finish. And, dear God, I hope you get a chance for a job interview somewhere else SOON. She only cares about how well you do because of how good you make her look. I'm so proud of you how well you're doing with your dog training classes. Something will happen soon. Keep up the hard work! (But relax once in a while...)

    By Blogger Diana, at 6:18 AM  

  • I have to schedule time to relax. But I was going to cut out more sleep and decided not to do that. See how well I can relax? :)

    By Blogger Rachel, at 12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home