Central Hawk

Wednesday, June 22

The One With Day 35

Muggsy's Training Diary, Day 35
June 22, 2005

Muggsy is continuing to excel at Door! He's running straight to the door for his treats and allowing Ross to handle his legs. I think that's great. Either tomorrow or Friday, I will add in the muzzle, though I think he could do this trick without at this point. I just don't want to take any risks.

I put the muzzle on Muggsy in the car again. It was a little more of a struggle today, but I did get it on without him ever showing pre-bite signals. I took him to Best Buy because I needed a printer cartridge and kept the muzzle on him the entire way there, the way back and the entire time we sat in the parking lot waiting for Ross. He was pretty frantic, not only panting but heavily drooling this time. Once we got home, he was safe again, so hopefully, he will calm down in the next few days.

One concern I have is that he's skipping dinner because he doesn't seem to want to train for his dinner. Guess I'm going to have to start getting up a little earlier and making him work for his breakfast, too. He'll have to eat one of those meals! He also needs more exercise. That's a goal of mine to make more time to exercise them. With all the things I'm doing these days, it's hard, but I'm going to try harder to fit it in.

I've had a headache all evening, so I guess I'll head to bed now. Good-night, all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home