Central Hawk

Tuesday, June 14

The One With the Silliness

"So which do you choose, love or silliness?"
"Well, we do enjoy the silliness. But we also have a soft spot for the love."
"Love is the best medicene."
"That's laughter."
"Why do you do it?"

OK, this has a point. Really. I'm so silly. You know you're not quite over your childhood -- or the depressive phase you thought you were done with -- when you start full-blown crying over a song on the radio. Yes, I started crying today when I heard that "Cat's in the Cradle," song where the Dad doesn't pay enough attention to his son when he's growing up and when his son is grown up and he finally wants a relationship with him, the son doesn't have time. Yes, this song made me cry today because I felt I could relate.

I think I really am a guy, like my former colleague, we'll call her Mark, used to say. Most girls have issues with their mothers. Not me. I have issues with my dad, like every guy should. No shopping, sports and issues with my dad. I've spent my life hoping I wouldn't grow up to be like my father (knowing full well that I would -- and I have) and wishing that I could be more like my mother. ("Greens don't quit!" "Greens? I'm a Tribianni. Tribianni's quit!" "Did I just say Greens don't quit? I've been so busy trying not to turn into my mother that I turned into my father! I did not see this coming.") Yes, I really am Rachel.

Quick update on Muggsy because I had dog class tonight and didn't do any training.



Muggsy's Training Diary, Day 29
June 14, 2005

Today, Muggsy attacked Chubbs. I wasn't here, but Robby said it took place in the front yard, which is where the last one took place. They're more spread out, but they're still happening.

My boss is going to come by Saturday and see what Door! and muzzle look like. I guess it's time to bump it up a notch. She'd like me to get him to the vet to start practicing soon. This is definitely another level.

I contacted an agility trainer today. I want to learn how to teach that, so we'll see how it goes. I think I'm going to take Chubbs and eventually Muggsy through a couple of levels of classes. Can you see my big fuzzy Rottie running an agility course!!! Good times.



Job Search 2005

Today was the one-year anniversary of starting my job at the Districts. When Joanna asked me what my goals were for the upcoming year, I wanted to say -- uh, find a new job. But I didn't. I applied for five more jobs, 12 total, and heard back from one today. But it would be a significant pay cut and longer commute, so I just don't think I'm going to go after it.

I did apply for the perfect job, though. It's for an animal shelter, writing articles and submitting them to magazines. I would love this! It's little pay but you get to keep the money you make selling the articles. I would request to do it part time at first, if the guy is interested, so that I could save money. Eventually, when I build a large dog training clientele, I could do those two jobs full time and make enough money, I think. My two passions -- writing and training. So send me good thoughts on this opportunity.

I love this site. I get to talk about Friends and my pups. Aww.

2 Comments:

  • Oh, yes. Wouldn't that be great to have a job (or jobs) like that, that used your talents so well! I will send my very best thoughts as well. I'm glad you don't have issues with your mom. She seems like a nice person. You are more like her than you know. Love your life. It is a blessing.

    By Blogger Diana, at 9:44 PM  

  • She is a nice person.

    By Blogger Rachel, at 9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home