Central Hawk

Wednesday, June 22

The One With the Good News

I haven't felt like posting the last couple of days because I've been upset with my job, but I got a piece of good news today. My boss gave me my first private lesson! It's a 3-month-old terrier mix just purchased from an animal shelter. Since they live in the South Bay, my boss has decided that I'm ready. The lesson is two weeks from Sunday!! I think they will probably purchase a package of lessons, which would be great. If I do well with this pup, I'll get more. Then, one day, I won't need a job in corporate America.



Muggsy's Training Diary, Day 34
June 21, 2005

Yesterday, the ante got upped a little as I made an appointment with the behaviorist. I don't know what's going to happen there, but I scheduled three pre-appointments where I can go practice Door! at their establishment. So I have to practice it at home as well. Last night, I did, and Muggsy did fabulous. He took treats from me and let Robby handle his back leg. We've never tried that before, but he was doing really well.

I also practiced putting the muzzle on in my car, in case 2 1/2 hours is too long to have the muzzle on him. Then, if something happens, I have a contingency plan that has been practiced. So I put the muzzle on him in the car, drove him to the vet clinic, which is less than a mile from my house, turned off the car, got out, got back in and drove home. I then removed the muzzle and let him calm down. He was very anxious, panting loudly, but he didn't try to fight the muzzle and sat nicely in the front seat for the duration of the ride.

I can't tell you guys how much I love that dog. I just want to make him better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home