Central Hawk

Monday, June 27

The One With the Dumps

Sorry, everyone, I've been down in the dumps lately. Just the weekend, mostly, for a lot of dumb reasons that I won't go into in any detail in this post. I was just generally depressed. According to my calendar, I only have about a month or two left, so hopefully there won't be too many more of these posts.

I had my first solo private appointment Saturday. It was really nerve-wracking. I'm not sure how it went. I think I was a little scattered, but I gave them some suggestions for working with their dog that they seemed to like. I don't think they want another lesson. They have an 8 1/2 mo. old lab and a 2-year-old boy and can't figure out why it's not working. Let me give you a hint: you don't exercise the teenage lab, who weighs three times as much as your son, and you allow your son to pull his tail and roughhouse with him and then get upset when the lab knocks the little boy over. People are so strange.

Of course, with me being a little in the dumps, Muggsy didn't get the kind of training he should have this week. To my credit, a little, he's excellent at getting the muzzle on now and he's doing Door! well with the new door and the muzzle on. I just should have kept practicing with him so it's muscle memory, even in a scary situation. This morning, though, I got up early and put the muzzle on him in the car and drove him to the vet and took him out to walk around, just so tomorrow when I take him in to practice, it's not too strange. I think I'll probably take him by there every day this week. Then, it will be easier when Wednesday finally comes and we have to go in and stay in the room for 2 1/2 hours. He did very well, though he's really stressed out when we do this. I just keep hoping the more times it happens that bad things don't happen to him, the better he'll feel.

Now, I'm back at work for another long week of hating my job. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home