Central Hawk

Monday, July 18

The One with all the Nothingness

Well, I don't have much going on, so I guess this is a FRIENDS/Seinfeld combo post. ;) I felt sick all weekend, so didn't have the energy to do much. Chandler and I did find four dining room chairs at an antique store that I love. So now the dining room contains 4 chairs ... no table, but at least I have chairs! They are really pretty, Italian ladder-back, wooden chairs with rush seats. I got a real good deal on them, so that was like the excitement of my week.

I finished a book that was very depressing, until the very end. I can't even remember what it's called now, but it followed a girl through her life, in which her dad leaves her and her mom, she gets raped at age 13, her mom dies, and all these tragic things lead to her getting very fat. Then she spends about 6 years in a mental institution. One interesting thing was watching her open up and learn to accept other people, and therefore, accept herself. The end was nice and happy, so that's good. That may be the worst book review you'll ever read.

Rachel, don't totally discount the OC job just yet, maybe it took some time to get the other candidates in for second interviews? But those questions definitely SUCK. I don't even think you could BS your way through those. I certainly couldn't! :) Good luck on the Redondo Beach job. That would be SWEET. Later dudes, Mon

2 Comments:

  • I always hate it when the mom dies - like in a Disney movie. Sounds like it had a happy ending, too. How long are you going to be in California? Would Chandler and David like to come over and go swimming and have dinner? Not that I'm just inviting them because you'll be out of town...You know better than that!

    By Blogger Diana, at 3:52 PM  

  • I can just picture your dining room, with four chairs and no table. But it's better than a dresser, which we had in our dining room for awhile. Now, it's just a bookcase and a dog crate. Try eating on that. :)

    By Blogger Rachel, at 11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home