Central Hawk

Saturday, July 16

The One With More Practice

The vet appointment has been set and the practice will continue until then. Thursday night, we practiced with the floor manager at the store I teach at, and he did really well. He fought a little at first, but he calmed down and let the manager hold his foot for at least 30 seconds. I was really proud of him. I hope he will do well Tuesday. I think I'm going to practice with him tomorrow evening after my class and then Monday morning at the clinic.

I did have a wonderful experience Friday. A trainer who I have met only a couple times at seminars called to offer to help me. She does protection training with my boss and said that she had been hearing about all I was doing from my boss and was so impressed that she wanted to help me. She said that she really thought it was great how much I was doing for my dog, and I was doing things that most trainers never had to do. She's been a trainer several years and has never seen a dog so bad at the vet that she's had to teach the behind-the-door trick. I guess this is the start of what will hopefully be a successful dog training career. If I can train my own dogs, I can do anything. :)

The good news is that the trainer who trained me is coming into town Tuesday night, so I will be able to go out and relax and have a drink the night I get the blood drawn. I haven't seen her in a couple months so it will be great to catch up with her and find out what's going on.

I'm also looking for jobs again. I applied for three I think I would really like today. One is in Redondo Beach. How great would that be?!? I've decided that I think the job would have called me back already if they wanted me to come back for the third interview. They seemed in such a hurry to make the decision, so I can't imagine that they haven't called someone yet. If they haven't called me by the end of the week, I'll call them and make them reject me. If you go to a second interview, you deserve a phone call. But from Ross' experience, I know that it doesn't always happen out here. I'll continue to keep you all posted as I try to escape my evil boss, Joanna.

3 Comments:

  • Ooo. What's the one in Redondo Beach? It would be nice to stay close to home.

    By Blogger Diana, at 3:47 PM  

  • Ooo. What's the one in Redondo Beach? It would be nice to stay close to home.

    By Blogger Diana, at 3:47 PM  

  • The one in Redondo Beach is for a magazine that writes about educational issues. I was an education reporter in Weatherford. But it would be nice to write again. I just got a rejection on one of the jobs, but not that one yet. Hopefully, something will come along soon.

    By Blogger Rachel, at 11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home