Central Hawk

Wednesday, July 13

The One With the Door

Muggsy's Training Diary
July 12, 2005

I'm removing the Day from the titles of these. This could go on for a year or more, and I don't need to be writing, "Muggsy's Training Diary, Day 458."

Anyway, last night, I took Muggsy to dog class to practice Door! with Ross and my boss. It went surprisingly well. He bucked a little behind the door, but he settled for about 30 seconds while I held his leg and Ross stuck him with a fake needle. My boss was really worried about me because I was getting splotchy on my neck like I do when I'm really nervous, so she wanted to do it quickly. He did pretty well, so we continued it for a little while. She said he's ready to go, so let's just get him in there, even if we have to drug him up to do it. She said it was causing too much stress on me. I guess she's probably right. So I'm going to try to set up an appointment for next week.

He has been in such a bad mood that my boss feels, and I agree, that drugs are the next step. He needs to get over the hump, and he isn't going to do it with just training or he would have already. He has immensely improved, but we're stalled right now. I hope this will be what we need to get this back on track.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home