Central Hawk

Tuesday, August 2

The One With the 26th Birthday

Well, I had a wonderful birthday weekend. My best friend, Monica, came to visit me, and even though we didn't really do much, I had a great time. It's nice to spend time with people who know you and understand you. I don't have to pretend to be someone I'm not. We went to a Dodgers game, Wedding Crashers -- really funny, you should all see it if you haven't -- and the beach, even though it was so cold we needed our jackets to sit there and read. Of course, we also ate a lot and watched several episodes of Friends.

I also got several cool gifts: dog training books that I can't wait to read from Phoebe, stickers, lotion, a dog book and two dog magazine subscriptions from Monica and two concerts, a laser light show, a book and a CD from Ross. Since Monica, who's supposed to be a chef, can't cook, she and Ross also bought me an ice cream cake. It's awesome. I'm leaving for lunch soon to go have a piece. The best part of my present from Ross is coming up next weekend when we're going to the Tom Petty concert. I can't wait!!

I also found out that my soulmate, Adam Duritz, and I also share a birthday.

The only sour note to my birthday is that my dogs still can't be around each other. Muggsy is wound up very tight, and Chubbs just doesn't seem to get it. I thought things were getting better Sunday when Chubbs would retreat to his crate every time Muggsy gave him the evil eye, but last night, he powered right at Muggsy while he was lying next to me on the bed, a recipe for disaster. I was able to retreat with Muggsy to stop any problems, but they still can't really be together. Very disappointing. This Friday is the second blood draw, so I guess we'll see what happens. I haven't really been practicing Door! like I should, but he'll do it with me fine and still freak out when you add in new people. Poor guy. Guess we'll see what happens.

3 Comments:

  • You and Adam Duritz have the same birthday! That is so cool. Me and Adam's mom planned that well, huh? Maybe it was just in the stars. How old is he?

    By Blogger Diana, at 6:26 AM  

  • I think he's like 12-13 years older than me or something like that.

    By Blogger Rachel, at 9:42 AM  

  • I'm glad you had fun! I had a blast. Can't wait to hear about the Petty concert. :)

    By Blogger Monica, at 2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home