Central Hawk

Saturday, March 11

The One With the New Glasses

Well, I finally retired the glasses that I bought at Sears my sophomore year of college and became a little more LA. I needed to get my eyes checked because Gunther's wife is an eye doctor and thought my eyes might be contributing to my headaches. So I now have frameless glasses with purple on the parts of the frame that you can see. They're also coated so they tint when I'm outside. They're pretty cool. Really expensive, the joy of good benefits. I'm just a $125 haircut and a pair of boobs away from being a true LA girl. :)

My interview last week was weird. The guy didn't ask me any questions. He just talked about the company the whole time. It was very weird. I think I'd really like working there, but they aren't paying near what I make, so I'll probably turn it down. Oh well. I got called back for a second interview, the best interview I've ever had. Again, weird. The interviewer just took me into a room with the whole department -- five people -- and left me there. Again, they didn't have a lot of questions, so we basically sat around and talked about sports and books for 45 minutes. The best part, though, was that I got a box of cookies! They were eating girl scout cookies and I asked who was selling them because I wanted to buy a box of Thin Mints. One of the guys doing the interview said, "I have a box, just take mine." So I got a box of cookies at a job interview. How many people can say that? If nothing else, it makes for a good story.

Also, I got invited to a party! I'm sure I've told you all about the new guy I work with who actually gets me. He went to Arizona so we can talk basketball all the time. It's so great. I don't think you all understand what it's like to work with all women who don't like sports. I was so excited when this guy started because now I have someone to talk to. He had a party this weekend and invited me. It was a lot of fun, but now I have a hangover. Oops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home