Central Hawk

Monday, October 30

The One With My Event

Well, it's finally over, the event that has been ruining my life for the last month. I actually think it went really well. I received a lot of compliments and everything ran smoothly. Friday was when everything went crazy. Everything that could have gone wrong did and my boss was sick and unavailable. So a month after being told that I wasn't going to get a promotion or merit raise, I was forced to make decisions that my high-paid manager should have been making. I was upset, but all went well, so I guess I'm a little proud.

The best thing about an event like that is that you get to see the way people support you. I had engineers working extra hours stuffing bags just a couple of weeks after being told they weren't going to get overtime anymore. I had about 80 percent staff participation, despite the new overtime edict. It was pretty incredible. I also had a boyfriend who showed up with me at 7 a.m. and worked the entire day, setting up the event, doing whatever I asked, walking around talking to people to collect data, despite being as shy as he is. It was really great. I'm so lucky to have so many wonderful people in my life, especially him.

Glad it's all over. Now I can start my job search. :)

7 Comments:

  • Your boyfriend sounds like da bomb.

    By Blogger Ned Ryerson, at 7:47 AM  

  • He is.

    By Blogger Rachel, at 9:42 AM  

  • Are you talking about the same guy I know??? :)

    By Blogger jason, at 7:01 PM  

  • No, I got a new boyfriend last week. :)

    By Blogger Rachel, at 8:05 PM  

  • And you can check it out live here ...

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=9EWs57TEQHE

    By Blogger Monica, at 3:37 PM  

  • Hey that's pretty cool, Mon. How the heck did you find that? And who the heck posted a video of it on YouTube?

    By Blogger Ned Ryerson, at 4:04 PM  

  • Rachel sent it to me, but she's too modest to put it up here. :) I guess some guy was at the event just making a video for personal purposes and then posted it. It's a pretty professional video I thought.

    By Blogger Monica, at 8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home