Central Hawk

Friday, October 20

The One With My Job

Today I had to drive around the South Bay looking for mosques, temples, etc. and dropping off fliers. Why? Because the consultant we hired to advertise the big event that is slowly killing me is a gay, ultra-religious Republican who believes that Mormons are in a cult and Jews don't love their families. Yes, he actually said, "It's my experience that Christian churches are really more focused on their families." Does he know that those same people think he's going to hell because he doesn't want to sleep with women? I'm sorry, but I grew up in a Christian home ('nuff said), and I live with a Jewish guy who has the perfect Beaver Cleaver, black-and-white TV family. I don't think these things are ever defined by religion.

I'm in a perpetual bad mood, can't you tell? Sorry for the lack of blogging, but ask Ross, you're much happier not hearing my thoughts these days.

3 Comments:

  • She doesn't write that often...

    By Blogger Rachel, at 8:23 PM  

  • I'm here, I'm here! Yes, I don't write that often. I'm not as good with the words as Rach ...

    I had to re-read the phrase "gay, ultra-religious Republican" several times. It's not every day you see those three things in one sentence, let alone to describe someone!

    We gotta get you outta there. I long for the days where you would have laughed hysterically at that story ...

    By Blogger Monica, at 9:07 AM  

  • I keep telling everyone at work that next week I'll have a sense of humor. :) I almost lost my temper at work today twice and I'm usually pretty good. Deep breathes, deep breathes.

    By Blogger Rachel, at 10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home