Central Hawk

Friday, July 1

The One With the Update

Yes, I was a little AWOL yesterday. Yesterday, I was really busy at work because I left early for a doctor's appointment. (Turns out my ear infection is because I clean my ears too much. What? Who's heard of that?) Then, I went to Mark's first event at her new job and spent the evening there, hanging out with her fiance. It was an amazing event. I'm so proud of her for how well she did, in just a month at her new job. And I love seeing her so happy. She's getting married this weekend and then we're going to hang out every now and then. Guess I finally have a couple friends in Cali.

So that's why no Muggsy update. He was at the doctor for 45 minutes and was very stressed, panting and drooling everywhere. But my boss said he was much better than she expected. He froze up doing Door! with my boss there, so we'll practice a little more at a strange place this weekend. I didn't do anything with him this morning because he's so stressed out. He attacked Chubbs again Wednesday, poor guy, and started to yesterday, but I stopped him just in time. Whew. It's just a lot of stress for him, and he doesn't handle stress well. I think he'll do well. The woman who works at the vet's office commended me because she thought most people would put down a dog like that. That made me feel good because I've always wondered if he'd have a better life with someone else. And she said the same thing my boss always says, "He's got such cute eyes. How can he be a killer?" That's exactly why I adopted him. Those eyes had me at hello. :)

I don't have much of an opinion on Wayne. I think it will be great for him to play with Shaq. I wish he was closer so I could catch some of his games, but I think Miami will be a good fit for him. It will be interesting to see how much he contributes in his first year. I thought the draft was great this year because most of the kids drafted were college kids. I think the NBA is making a good statement. And so is KU. Giddens would have remained a black mark on the program, and he needed to go. He's one of the last Roy recruits. Let's just let Bill build his team. Everyone has been saying how rocky this year will be, and yes, they will be young and inconsistent, but nothing -- and I mean NOTHING -- can compare to that feeling that we had in March where the team that you had such high hopes for completely shuts down and goes nowhere. This team has no expectations and will probably do fairly well. They'll get some experience, finish worse than usual, maybe make a second round exit from the tourney. But it won't be as bad as watching the team I had my eye on for four years make a first round exit in Syracuse at the hands of a team I can't name right now. So let's just hope for the best.

As my favorite Godson would say (I'm so proud), "Rock Chalk Jayhawk, KU!" (Btw, any Sooners and Longhorns who may read this blog, I'm so happy to see that KU has prevailed in the brainwashing battle. I hear that my David is now always asking to wear Jayhawk clothes and openly cheers for the Jayhawks. Good work, Mon.)

1 Comments:

  • What? An ear infection in a clean ear? This makes no sense ... good thing my dad doesn't read this or I'm sure you'd get an earful (get it? ha ha!)

    Otherwise, have fun at the cabin, take the kids on lots of walks ... we'll be in OKC w/ the fam ... no comment.

    And I can't wait to see the new team! Should be fun to watch them grow up. ROCK CHALK HAWKS!

    By Blogger Monica, at 1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home