Central Hawk

Monday, June 12

It's my turn for ... The One with the Old Friend

So against my best friend's advice (which is stupid, don't ever do that), I decided to go ahead and meet up with Travis, a kid I went to HS with. A kid I set up with his first girlfriend! And it turned out to be a lot of fun, though I don't know what we would talk about the next time around. We met up at the Baskin Robbins (I know, I'm so lame).

He looks exactly like his cousin Derek now, only not as skinny. But he's still such a nice guy. He caught me up on all the folks back home, and I'm proud that some of my classmates have actually made it out of the state. Melissa is in Reno. Chad's in Arizona. Jed and Jay live together and run their Dad's store together. :) Sadly, I guess Wes and Erin have 3 kids and marriage problem. Garrett's married with kids and so is Sam Ummel. Apparently there was a big party for the 10-year reunion, which I did not know about. But I'm happy to catch up from afar. My curiosity is quenched and I didn't even have to talk to anyone!

6 Comments:

  • Well, I still caution you to hesitate before becoming friends with this guy again. It's dangerous to get too caught up with people from high school.

    But let me make some comments. Wes and Erin...duh. Jed and Jay...can we say Bert and Ernie, only identical? And WHO would marry Garrett????? What's up with that?

    I, too, succombed to high school pressure this week and joined a yahoo group where Class of 1997 grads can keep up with each other. It was kinda funny. Guess who was on there -- Derick Doherty!! Brought up some memories that kept me laughing for a few minutes. Jo was on there, too. I sent her an e-mail saying, "Haven't seen you since Lawerence. What are you up to?" Wanted to say, "Haven't seen you since you were naked in the bathtub crying over that guy. How's it been since then?" but I do have some self-control.

    By Blogger Rachel, at 8:46 PM  

  • Oh man. I had forgotten about that, but your comment brought it all rushing back. Ahh ... the only time I'm in the presence of a wet, naked girl she's contemplating suicide. Damn.

    By Blogger Monica, at 7:48 AM  

  • Hey, I kissed her. She was hot.

    By Blogger Rachel, at 9:16 PM  

  • I know. I'm so jealous.

    By Blogger Monica, at 7:48 AM  

  • She's been e-mailing me this week. She's married and has a step-daughter. She said I sounded grownup. Huh. And she said I looked great. SHE said that I looked great. (If you guys could see this girl, you'd know why that was a nice compliment.)

    By Blogger Rachel, at 4:04 PM  

  • I think we are grown up. On the backslide of 25 has got to be grown up right?

    Hot damn, that is a nice compliment!

    By Blogger Monica, at 7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home