Central Hawk

Monday, June 11

The One With My Big Black Book

Saturday, as I was sitting in on my first day of tutor training, I realized that I was going to need a way to keep track of all the things going on in my life starting in the fall. Gone will be the days where I come into the office at 8 a.m. (OK, 8:30), check my Outlook calendar and go on with my day. Managing three jobs, all that require appointments with individual clients, and school will require something a little bit more. So I bought one of those big, black day planners with all the time broken down by hour. I think it will help me keep track of all my appointments in a portable manner until I can afford one of those palm pilots that everyone seems to have nowadays.

When I started filling out what I already know -- my fall school schedule -- I realized just how busy I'm going to be trying to work and go to school fulltime. Maybe not my best idea, but we'll see how it works out. I guess if I have to cut something out, I'll just cut something out.

I think I'm really going to like tutoring. I really enjoyed the training. I think it's going to be a challenge, but I'm actually partial to high school kids when you're talking about dealing with anyone under the age of 18, and I think this will be fun in the same way that dog training is fun -- that you're really making a difference to someone. Only now I'll be making a difference to rich kids instead of dogs. But whatever works. The company really runs their business well, and I'm excited to work with them.

And I have to say that getting lasik surgery is still the best thing that I've ever done for myself. It was so cool to be the only one who could read the tiny print on the board. I love my new eyes!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home